Robbed in Colombia (Cops did Nothing) by Small Brained American

 


 Oh, the joys of being robbed in a foreign country! Cultural immersion!! ✌️💋 No, but seriously I'm thankful that I'm safe and a little smarter because of it. And who could have expected that the same cops that were supposed to help me would end up just wanting an English lesson. This was a wild one! Thanks for coming along 🍻

 

...

 

I had the opposite experience in Colombia. A bad taxi driver stole my iPhone in Medellín. I tracked the phone to a bad neighborhood in the south where he changed the phone’s name to Juan’s iPhone. The cops were more professional and helpful than I’ve experienced anywhere else in the world. They met me in the neighborhood and we tracked the phone to a six story apartment building. I assumed that was the end of it, because I knew the location but not what floor of the building it was on, but the cops said they knew of a taxi driver with a reputation for stealing phones. We went to his apartment and knocked. In that moment my iPhone went offline, so it was obvious he was there and knew the cops had found him. The police asked us to go to our taxi and pretend to leave. Meanwhile they wandered the neighborhood pretending they were still trying to track the phone. The trick worked. The phone thief made a run for it and we caught him. I was blown away by how effective and dedicated the Medellín police were.

 

Comments

Popular Posts